West Bank (The Inside Palestine)- Israeli regime forces have detained at least 18 Palestinians in overnight raids across the occupied West Bank and East al-Quds, the Palestinian Prisoner Society (PPS) says.
Kamal Bani-Odeh, the PPS director, said on Tuesday that the regime forces had rounded up a Palestinian man after storming his family house in Tammun town, northeast of Tubas city in the West Bank.
The military raid led to confrontations between local Palestinians and Israeli forces, during which the heavily-armed forces opened fire at teenage children, Palestine’s official Wafa news agency reported.
In Salfit, a governorate in the central West Bank, the marauding Israeli forces barged inside the town of Deir Istiya, where they detained at least three locals besides assaulting one another.
They also ransacked houses belonging to the families of detainees, razing them down.
In Ramallah, a city in central West Bank, the Wafa report quoting informed sources said Israeli forces raided al-Masayef neighborhood, detaining a Palestinian man.
The forces also roughed up three others, including a 17-year old man, in other parts of Ramallah and al-Bireh, 15 kilometers north of al-Quds.
The regime troops also rounded up three others in the southern West Bank district of Bethlehem, the bustling city about 7 miles south of al-Quds.
In al-Khalil (Hebron) district in the southern West Bank, Israeli military vehicles stormed Dura town, west of the city, where they rounded up a Palestinian prisoner’s family.
They also arrested four others, including two brothers, after barging inside their makeshift houses in al-Arroub refugee camp, north of the city.
Israeli regime forces regularly conduct night raids in the occupied West Bank, in areas controlled by the Palestinian Authority, without search warrants.
Earlier in August, four Palestinians were shot dead during confrontations with the Israeli forces in Jenin refugee camp in the north of the occupied West Bank.
Following the incident, Palestinian official Hussein Al Sheikh slammed Israel for committing “a heinous crime” and tweeted that “the international community should be ashamed of its silence about this and its failure to provide protection to the Palestinian people from this oppression.”
More than 600,000 Israelis live in over 230 settlements built since the 1967 Israeli occupation of the West Bank and East al-Quds.
All Israeli settlements are deemed illegal under the international law since they are built on occupied land.
Earlier this week, the United Nations said Israeli authorities razed down, seized, or forced owners to demolish at least 31 buildings across the occupied West Bank in two weeks.
Israel has frequently demolished Palestinian homes, claiming that the structures have been built without permits, which are nearly impossible to obtain.
The Tel Aviv regime has in the past ordered the Palestinian owners to demolish their own homes or pay the demolition costs to the municipality.
Source: Press Tv.